All-inclusive? Or Specifically exclusive?
It's probably going to take a fair amount of time and effort before my posts become regular on Blogger. But then again, maybe all I need is a good dose of mental fiber. I wonder, do they make that? Maybe I should market it: Fiber-All Brain Fiber - for those desperate moments when you have mental constipation. It could work. Really.
And there's nothing like housework to help you lose a day. I thought today was yesterday, until someone set me straight. Oh, wait. That's not what they did. They set me on the right path. There, that's better. A little mental clarification. Put your heels back in the the closet, woMen! No need to beat me with a stiletto for a little Freudian slip.
And what's the big deal with retailers shying away from Christmas? This is one of the most ridiculous notions the marketing industry has had in ages. For generations, the retailers have gone out of their way to include other ethnic holidays in the mix. After all, the USA is considered the melting pot of the world. Now, to be politically correct, major retailers are avoiding the word "Christmas" like the plague. SHAME ON YOU! If you can post banners that say "Happy Hannukah", "Happy Kwanzaa" and "Happy Ramadan", then no one should be offended if you also post a banner that says "Merry Christmas". If someone complains, simply explain to them that you are making an effort to be all-inclusive and embrace all ethnic religions and holidays; if they persist, ask them to leave.
Problem solved.


4 Comments:
If one must be politically correct, one really should be all inclusive.
Sadly South African does seem to be following the trend of excluding christmas.
Then I should think that South Africans at present have more sense than American retailers if they are still including the word or idea of "Christmas" in their holiday marketing.
American retailers are weak-minded when it comes to "ethnic sensitivity". I mean, an Indian retailer thinks nothing of marketing "Christmas" and doesn't worry about offense because he or she knows it will make money. American retailers believe that other ethnic groups will find it offensive and take their money elsewhere.
Such a shame.
Just thought i would mention that there is a big stink going on, at least in WV, about the New Stamp from the US Postal Service celebrating the Muslim Holiday. I had to go to three different post offices before i could get somebody to sell me some! Im making a statement by putting those stamps on all my christmas cards.
That's interesting news, Lyle. However--sadly, not surprising.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home