Monday, November 30, 2009

World AIDS Day

Tomorrow, December 1, is World AIDS Day.

It is a time to reflect on those who lost the battle to this horrific disease and celebrate those who are still survivors.

AIDS is a disease; it does not discriminate.  It doesn't care how old or young you are, whether you're gay, straight, or bisexual, or whether you're white, black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, or any other ethnicity.  It doesn't care if you're married or single, a parent or not.  It takes lives and affects those who lose loved ones to it.  AIDS is not a punishment from God; it's not one of the Egyptian plagues.  It's a disease, plain and simple.

If you or someone you know has been affected by this disease, join the fight against AIDS and donate toward a cure.  If you haven't been affected by this disease, join the fight anyway.

If you pray, pray for a cure.

Either way, I urge you to do something that shows you care.

1 Comments:

At November 30, 2009 at 11:17 AM , Blogger Anthony said...

Great post Brian.

I do keep myself involved in various aids outreach and education programs here.

Twice a year I also go on a drive to get everyone I know to have their HIV status tested. My first introduction to the gay community here at large on coming out was to attend the funeral of a new found friend who died from HIV related complications.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home